The first year of marriage is often considered the year of adjustment. As you celebrate this special 1st wedding anniversary, reflect on both the delicate and hardy aspects of your marriage and your love for one another.
1st Anniversary Traditional Gift
Paper. It symbolizes the strength in paper that comes from the interlaced connection of the paper's individual threads.
1st Anniversary Contemporary/Modern Gift
Clocks. Henry Van Dyke wrote, "For those who love, time is eternity."
1st Anniversary Gemstone
Gold Jewelry, Pearl, or Peridot
1st Anniversary Color
Gold or Yellow
1st Anniversary Flower
Orange Blossom or Pansy.
The meaning of a pansy is that the receipient is being thought about. The pansy's name comes from the French word pensée which means thought or remembrance.
The meaning of an orange blossom is purity, innocence, eternal love, marriage and fruitfulness, and fertility.
Ways to Celebrate Your 1st Anniversary:
- Eat the top layer of your wedding cake.
- Purchase tickets for a movie, sports event, concert, theater, etc. to attend together.
- Plan a dinner at a special restaurant or plan a trip together.
- Plan a picnic with paper plates and cups. If you saved any of these items from your wedding reception, use them!
- Have a paper treasure hunt for your spouse. Leave clues throughout the house that eventually lead to a romantic location.
- Use paper flowers as a centerpiece for your anniversary dinner. Use the dried bouquet from your wedding.
Gift Suggestions to Purchase for Your 1st Anniversary:
- An anniversary journal to record your memories of your anniversaries throughout your marriage. You may think that you will never forget how you celebrated your anniversaries, but the chances are you will! Write down how you spent your anniversary together and what gifts you gave to one another.
- Purchase a framed share of stock in a major company that has meaning to the both of you.
- Magazine subscription.
- Jigsaw puzzle.
- Art print.
- Sheet music.
- Roadmap describing a trip to take together.
- Egg timer.
- Kitchen timer.
- Outdoor sundial.
Gift Suggestions to Make for Your 1st Anniversary: