The silver 25th anniversary is a milestone wedding anniversary. And rightly so! Spending a quarter of a century in love with one person is to be celebrated.
Here are some 25th wedding anniversary ideas and symbols to help you choose gifts associated with your 25th silver marriage anniversary that will be both personal and meaningful.
25th Anniversary Traditional Gift:
25th Anniversary Contemporary/Modern Gift:
25th Anniversary Gemstone -- Silver:
Silver is the metal most noted for the twenty-fifth anniversary due to its radiance and brilliance.
Some alternatives: Tsavorite, Green Garnet.
25th Anniversary Color -- Silver:
Silver or metallic shiny is the color most often associated with the twenty-fifth anniversary.
25th Anniversary Flower -- Iris:
If you want to give a rose symbolic of your silver anniversary, here are a few to check out:
- Happy Anniversary
Silver Star Rose
Ways to Celebrate Your 25th Anniversary:
- Use sparkly silver glitter on flowers, cards, centerpieces, gift wrap, balloons, etc. Set the table with a paper silver tablecloth, rent china, and crystal with a silver or chrome trim, use silver looking votive candles, place flowers in silver colored vases.
- Renew your marriage vows.
- Toast one another with Champagne.
- Plan a picnic with paper silver-colored plates and cups.
Gift Suggestions to Purchase for Your 25th Anniversary:
- Purchase tickets for a movie, sports event, concert, theater, etc. and wrap with a silver ribbon or place in a silver box.
- Silver Photo Frame
- Silver Paper Weight.
- Plan a trip to Silver Springs in Maryland or Florida, Silverstrand Beach in California or Ireland, or to a Silver Mine.
Gift Suggestions to Make for Your 25th Anniversary:
- Put together a CD with songs from the era of the marriage date.
- Assemble a memory photo album with pictures highlighting 25 years together. Include the wedding, children, grandchildren, friends, trips taken together, homes lived in, etc. A nice addition is to include stories from children and friends.
- Create a poem, write it in silver ink, and display it in a silver colored frame.
- Put together a family quilt comprised of each square done by a family member or close friends.
- Make a wish tree. You can use a big branch that you paint silver and decorate with silver ribbons, ornaments etc. Fill the branches with pictures of major events in your life, people who love and cherish you as well as tickets for a trip, traveler's checks, gift certificates for different events and restaurants you could use on a trip, etc.