Just as an orchid plant is breathtaking, your twenty-eighth year of marriage can be a breathtaking time of change in your marriage as your children chart their own course in life and the two of you have more time alone together.
As you celebrate your 28th wedding anniversary, reflect on how far the two of you have journeyed together.
Here are some 28th wedding anniversary ideas and symbols to help you choose orchid gifts associated with your 28th marriage anniversary.
There is no traditional gift for the 28th anniversary.
Although there is no official gemstone for the 28th anniversary, amethyst, phosphosiderite, and orchid tourmaline all have orchid coloring.
Orchid or lavender.
- In the language of flowers, orchids represent rare beauty, love, refinement, beautiful lady, mature charm, beauty, long life.
Orchids are the Chinese symbol for many children, and symboliz82e nobility, elegance, perfection, and friendship.
Ways to Celebrate
- Plan a picnic near a field of lavender with orchid paper plates and cups.
- Use an orchid plant for a centerpiece for your anniversary dinner.
- A dinner at an oriental restaurant that has orchids in their decor.
- A trip to Hawaii to look at orchids! (Buy Direct)
Gift Suggestions to Purchase
- Orchid stationery.
- Orchid candles.
- Calendar with pictures of orchids.
- Orchid magazine subscription.
- Orchid jigsaw puzzle.
- Orchid paper weight.
- Book about orchids.
- Orchid art print.
Gift Suggestions to Make
- Stuff an orchid pinata or pretty box with items reflecting orchids.
- Put together a CD with songs from the year you were married.
- Assemble a memory photo album with pictures highlighting your 28 years together. Include your wedding, children, grandchildren, friends, trips taken together, homes lived in, etc. A nice addition is to include stories from your children and friends.
- Love note on orchid paper.
- Love coupons on orchid paper.