This easy crock pot pulled pork is made with just three ingredients! A pork shoulder roast (or Boston butt) is slow cooked to perfection with onions and barbecue sauce.
Shred the tender, juicy pork and put it back in the slow cooker for serving. Have split buns ready for guests, along with coleslaw, dill pickle slices, and baked beans.
- Place half of the thinly sliced onions in the bottom of the slow cooker; add pork and water, along with remaining onion slices.
- Cover and cook the pork on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or 4 to 5 hours on HIGH heat setting.
- Drain liquid from slow cooker; shred or chop the meat coarsely and discard excess fat.
- Put the pork back in the slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce and chopped onion.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 4 hours longer. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with warm split buns and coleslaw.