The 3rd wedding anniversary is often when a couple is aware of their durability of their relationship. That is why leather is the traditional gift for this celebration.
Here are some third wedding anniversary ideas and symbols to help you choose gifts associated with your 3rd marriage anniversary.
3rd Anniversary Traditional Gift
Leather. As a material, leather is durable, warm, strong, flexible, and has a sense of resiliency to it.
These are qualities that help marriages continue to thrive.
3rd Anniversary Contemporary/Modern Gift
Crystal. Crystal can dazzle with its beauty and the way light dances off the multifaceted surface. It is a gentle reminder of how a couple in a meaningful marriage can touch the lives of others.
3rd Anniversary Gemstone
Pearl or Jade
3rd Anniversary Color
White or Jade Green
3rd Anniversary Flower
Fuchsia. The flower meaning of a fuchsia is taste.
Ways to Celebrate Your 3rd Anniversary
- Since leather is the traditional gift for this anniversary, consider planning a western themed evening together and listen to country love songs.
- Plan a movie night and watch your wedding video.
- Get tickets for a movie, sports event, concert, theatre, etc. to attend together.
Gift Suggestions to Purchase for Your 3rd Anniversary
- Leather gloves.
- Leather belt.
- Leather slippers.
- Leather photo album.
- Leather handbag, wallet, or book bag.
- Leather scrapbook.
- Blank journal with leather binding.
- Leather passport holder.
- Leather jacket.
- Leather cap.
- Leather briefcase or laptop computer case.
- Leather diary.
- Leather desk set.
- Crystal wine goblets.
- Crystal figurines.
- Crystal vase.
- Pearl or jade jewelry.
Gift Suggestions to Make for Your 3rd Anniversary
- Put together a gift basket that has a variety of Fuchsia plants, along with a pair of leather garden gloves, and a coupon on jade green paper stating your willingness to help get the small plants in the soil.