Kids can improve their spelling as well as learn new words with these easy to challenging word search puzzles which explore various themes related to the 4th of July and its importance in U.S. history, from the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, to the modern-day celebration.
4th of July Word Search Puzzles to Print
For offline solving, we have a selection of word search worksheets celebrating the nation's birthday, listed in order of difficulty from the easiest to the most challenging.
Some of these word search games are in Adobe PDF format. If you need to download and install the free Adobe Acrobat reader, click here.
- 4th of July Wordsearch - This word game features seven fairly long phrases related to the Declaration of Independence.
- Independence Day Word Search - Nine short words in a small grid make this puzzle a good choice for students at the primary school level.
- 4th of July Word Search - In this easy word game, 11 themed entries appear in a small grid of letters. Solution provided.
- 4 of July Day Kid Word Search - 12 short 4th of July words can be found in this small jumble of letters. Solution provided.
- Independence Day Word Search - This word seek game features a list of 12words associated mostly with the history of the July 4th celebration.
- Picnic Word Search - This word game features 12 words related to this popular 4th of July activity hidden in a small grid of letters.
- Picnic Word Search - Here, you'll find the same 12 words hidden in a larger grid for a more challenging puzzle.
- 4th of July Word Search - A good puzzle for beginners, this word game features 13 Independence Day words in a small grid of letters.
- Citizenship Word Search - 15 words related to the political aspect of the holiday are hidden in a (Liberty) bell-shaped grid. You'll need to register (it's free) to download this puzzle.
- Independence Day Word Search - 15 words naming things that are likely to be seen at a 4th of July party need finding in this word search game. The puzzle is fairly challenging due to the large number of letters in the grid.
- Independence Day Word Search - 16 themed entries are hidden in a medium-sized grid. When you've found them all, the remaining letters will spell out the name of the man who penned the Declaration of Independence.
- Fourth of July Word Search - This easy printable features words related to the celebratory aspects of the U.S. holiday in three levels: easy, medium and difficult.
- 4th of July Word Search - Though it boasts of 16 words, the grid in which they are hidden is quite small, making this puzzle fairly easy.
- 4th of July Word Search - The 18 words hidden in this word search game refer to things you're likely to see or hear on Independence Day.
- 4 of July Day Middies Word Search - This word search printout of medium difficulty features 18 Independence Day words. Solution provided.
- Independence Day Word Search - 19 Independence Day words are featured in this word search printout. Solution provided.
- Independence Day Word Search - This word puzzle of medium difficulty features 20 words associated with the Declaration of Independence and the American Revolution.
- 4th of July Word Search - In this word search puzzle, you need to find 20 words having to do with July 4th, the Revolutionary War and the American Dream. Solution provided.
- 4th of July Word Search - 25 words, including the names of the thirteen colonies, are hidden in this word find of medium difficulty.
- Fourth of July Word Search - 26 themed entries need finding in this word search game of medium difficulty featuring extra-large print for easier reading.
- Independence Day Word Search - 31 words examining the history of the American Revolution as well as things you may see at the annual 4th of July celebration appear in this word game of medium difficulty.
- U.S. Presidents Word Search - The names of all the U.S Presidents from Washington to Obama appear somewhere in the puzzle in this large-print word search game. See President's Day Word Search Puzzles for Kids for more puzzles like this.
- 4th of July Deluxe Word Search - You can practice a lot of Independence Day vocabulary by solving this word puzzle with a whopping 34 words. Solution provided.
- States of America Word Search - See if you can find all 50 U.S. states in this challenging word search game.
- Signers of the Declaration of Independence Word Search - For the ultimate 4th of July word search challenge, see if you can find the names of the 56 signatories of the Declaration of Independence without consulting the word list. If you haven't memorized the names of the Founding Fathers, then download the list of those who signed the Declaration of Independence to help you solve this challenging word search puzzle.
Poll: Do you prefer to solve word search puzzles..?
- On Paper
- On the Computer
- View Results
4th of July Word Search Games to Play Online
For those who'd rather play word search games on the computer, we have several word search puzzles of varying difficulty which serve that purpose.
- 4th of July Celebration Word Search - In this easy word game, 10 related words are hidden in a small jumble of letters. Play it online and try to beat the clock, or print it out for an easy 4th of July worksheet.
- Thirteen Colonies - The names of 10 of the original American colonies appear in this online word search game. If you prefer, the puzzle can also be printed out for solving on paper.
- Signers of the Declaration of Independence - The last names of ten of the signatories of the Declaration of Independence are chosen at random and hidden in a small grid in this game.
- Independence Day Seek a Word - A 20-word puzzle using words related to celebrating the 4th of July.
- Independence Day Word Search Game - This word game has a list of 20 Independence Day words.
- Independence Day Word Search in Spanish - A great way to learn and practice Spanish vocabulary, this puzzle features 23 themed entries relating to Independence Day as it is celebrated in the United States.
- Independence Day Word Search - 26 themed entries need to be found in this large-print word search game.
On the next page, you'll find crossword puzzles featuring words related to the July 4th celebration.
The regular solving of crossword puzzles is a good way to spike a child's interest in reading and writing as they help children learn new vocabulary words and how to spell them. These themed crossword puzzles will help children enhance their use of words related to Independence Day as it is celebrated in the United States.
Fourth of July Crossword Puzzles to PrintThese themed crossword puzzles use the freeform format and are listed in order of difficulty, from the easiest to the most challenging. Unless indicated otherwise, they are print only.
Some of these crossword puzzles are in Adobe PDF format. If you need to download and install the free Adobe Acrobat reader, click here.
- Fourth of July Crossword Puzzle
Here, you'll find two 4th of July crosswords for young solvers. The picture version of the easier crossword, featuring 5 pictures of things that are likely to be observed at a 4th of July celebration, is intended for preschoolers and children who are new to spelling. Older children can use the word clues, also provided. In the more challenging puzzle, 12 themed entries with word clues are used. Both puzzles are available in black and white or color. Solution provided.
- 4th of July Crossword Puzzle - This crossword game features seven words associated with the July 4th celebration. Though some of the words are fairly long, the word list is provided should the student get stumped.
- Revolutionary People - The clues in this eight-word crossword puzzle denote people who are remembered for the role they played in the American Revolution.
- Stars and Stripes Puzzle - An easy crossword game featuring nine themed entries. Solution provided.
- Fourth of July Crossword - This freeform puzzle features ten themed entries and easy clues. Solution provided.
- 4th of July Crossword Puzzle - This crossword game of medium difficulty features 12 entries related to Independence Day.
- 4th of July Kids Crossword - This easy crossword game features 14 words and easy clues. Solution provided.
- 4th of July Middies Crossword - This crossword game features 18 words associated with Independence Day. Solution provided.
- 4th of July Deluxe Crossword - Older children and adults will need to be well-informed about Independence Day to solve this themed crossword with 27 entries. Solution provided.
- Fourth of July! Clue Search Puzzle - Clue Search Puzzles are a combination of crossword puzzles, word search puzzles, trivia questions and hidden messages. See if you can solve this one with a Fourth of July theme.
Poll: How do you prefer to solve crossword puzzles?
- On my computer
- Paper & pencil
- View Results
Fourth of July Crossword Puzzles to Play OnlinePatriotic Crossword Puzzle
This 21-word freeform crossword game can be played online or printed for solving on paper.
Free jigsaw puzzles with a Independence Day theme can be found on the next page.
These free jigsaw puzzles feature themes pertaining to U.S. history, the Revolutionary War, the American flag and the Fourth of July celebration.
Fourth of July Jigsaw Puzzles to PrintUSA Printable Jigsaw Puzzles - Four print-friendly 4th of July jigsaw puzzles are featured here: two six-piece games, two with thirteen pieces. The images featured in these free patriotic jigsaw puzzles include a bald eagle, balloons, Uncle Sam and fireworks. The puzzles can be printed out in B&W and color.
Fourth of July Jigsaw Puzzles to Play OnlineHere are some of my favorite jigsaw games for children. These puzzles will open in a new browser window or tab. When the new window has opened and you want more space for solving, look just above the puzzle window and click "Turn off this Top Frame" for a larger work area. When done, close the window to return to this page. Happy puzzling!
- Eagle and American Flag(35 pcs)
- American Flag - Statue of Liberty(60 pcs)
- US Flag and Freedom(70 pcs)
- Raising the Flag(80 pcs)
- 4th of July(88 pcs)
- Four Flags(99 pcs)
I much prefer the three-dimensional puzzle pieces of these puzzles to the two-dimensional games found at most other free jigsaw puzzle sites. Anyone can make their own jigsaw puzzles to share with family and friends. For easy instructions on how to do this, see our tutorial on How to Make Your Own Online Jigsaw Puzzles.
Below, you'll find several two-dimensional jigsaw puzzles to play on your computer.
- Happy July 4th Jigsaw Puzzle - In keeping with the spirit of the holiday, piece together this free online jigsaw puzzle featuring Old Glory.
- Independence Day Fun and Games - Eight easy jigsaw puzzles and four drag and drop puzzles featuring eagles, flags, parades, fireworks and more.
- Patriotic Jigsaw Puzzles - Two very easy sixteen-piece jigsaw puzzles with patriotic themes.
1776! Jigsaw Puzzle | Patriotic Jigsaw Puzzle
- U.S. Capitol Jigsaw Puzzle - 20 pcs.
- White House Jigsaw Puzzle - 20 pcs.
- U.S. Flag Jigsaw Puzzle - 20 pcs.
- Animated 4th of July Jigsaw Puzzles - Two animated 16-piece jigsaw games are featured here, one of an exploding firecracker, the other of a smoking one. Beware of loud sound effects.
On the next page, you'll find maze puzzles to print and solve, spot the difference puzzles and dot-to-dots with themes associated with Independence Day.
Young children with limited reading skills can also benefit from puzzle solving activities. A variety of maze puzzles to play online or print, online and printable hidden picture games celebrating July 4th and dot-to-dot puzzles with patriotic themes.
4th of July Maze Puzzles
Solving maze puzzles has certain benefits for children; to work out the puzzles, children need to concentrate on the problem at hand as well as make use of strategic planning skills.
The free maze puzzle games featured below all have themes related to America's Independence Day. Unless indicated otherwise, the puzzles are print only.
- July 4th Picnic Basket Maze - Easy
- Fourth of July Maze - Easy
- Fourth of July Maze - Medium
- Independence Day Maze - Challenging
- Take the Boy to Mr. Liberty Maze - Easy game to play online.
- Take the Boy to 4th of July Celebration Maze - Easy game to play online.
Fourth of July Connect-the-Dots
Working out the solution to a dot-to-dot puzzle is a fun way for kids to learn and practice number sequencing. For Independence Day, we have several printable dot-to-dot puzzles with patriotic themes.
- 4th of July Connect the Dots - to 13
- 4th of July Connect the Dots - Four different images are featured in these dot-to-dot activities: American flag, balloon, party hat and map of the U.S. The same images are recycled in various connect-the-dots games: count by 1s, count by 2s, and count by letters.
- Fireworks Connect-the-dots - to 25
- Eagle Dot-to-Dot - to 29
- George Washington Dot-to-Dot - to 30
- Abraham Lincoln Dot-to-Dot - to 32
- Liberty Bell Dot-to-Dot - to 57
On the next page, you'll find quizzes, word and memory games with an Independence Day theme.
Test your knowledge of the Declaration of Independence and other events in American history with these fun quiz games, unscrambling the jumbled letters to form words with an Independence Day theme, or give your mind a workout with these free memory games.
Fourth of July Word ScramblesThese simple scrambled letter games use words associated with the July 4th holiday. Good for kids of middle school age with a good base in reading.
- 4th of July Word Scramble - Unscramble the letters to to arrive at the eight words associated with Independence Day. Print.
- Fourth of July Word Scramble Worksheet - In this easy word game, eight scrambled words appear next to pictures of what they represent when unscrambled. Print.
- Fourth of July Word Scrambler - Sixteen words or phrases associated with Independence Day need unscrambling in this puzzle activity of medium difficulty. The answers appear upside down on the bottom of the puzzle. Print.
- US Presidents Word Scramble - Unscramble the letters to reveal the last names of men who have served as President of the United States. Play online.
- US Presidents Word Scramble - A more challenging version in which you must unscramble the letters of the full names of US Presidents. Play online.
Fourth of July Memory GamesPlaying memory games such as Concentration helps kids improve their memory capacity. Here are several memory games to exercise your gray matter.
- Presidential Concentration - Can you match the ten Presidents, chosen at random, which appear in the puzzle? Play online.
- US Symbols Match Game - Match the nine patriotic symbols in this online memory game.
- Fourth of July Concentration - Print out the patriotically-themed memory cards for an offline version to play with friends and family.
Fourth of July QuizzesHere, we have easy to challenging quiz games to see how well you know your American history.
- Independence Day Trivia Quiz - Test your knowledge of early American history and see how you score.
- US Presidents Trivia Quiz - See if you can answer the eleven questions pertaining to the office of the President of the United States, several U.S. Presidents, their accomplishments and their contribution to the history of the nation.
- The Independence Day Quiz - Twenty-one multiple choice questions regarding historical events at the time of the American Revolution.
- Liberty! Road to Revolution Game - A fun interactive trivia quiz from pbs.org.
- Independence Day Quiz - An online quiz game featuring thirteen easy questions pertaining to the Revolutionary War, Independence Day and U.S. history.
- Toast.net Independence Day Quiz - This quiz is made up of 30 questions, 20 of which are found on the actual citizenship test. See how much you know about the land of the free.
I hope you've enjoyed these free puzzles and activities. Feel free to share them with your friends.