Bronze or pottery are the traditional 8th-anniversary gifts with linens and lace being the more modern gifts associated with your 8th wedding anniversary.
Here are more gift and celebration ideas for your eighth anniversary.
8th Anniversary Traditional Gift:
Bronze or Pottery. Bronze is created by combining copper and tin and a strong marriage is created by the joining of two individuals who not only love one another but who also place a high priority on their time together.
Pottery begins with just a lump of clay that is slowly formed into something beautiful. Through their eight years together, a couple shapes their marriage into a beautiful relationship.
8th Anniversary Contemporary/Modern Gift:
Linens or Lace. The modern gift of linens or lace can be a practical gift or a luxurious one.
8th Anniversary Gemstone:
Tourmaline or tanzanite.
8th Anniversary Color:
Tourmaline, tanzanite, or bronze.
8th Anniversary Flower:
Clematis, a beautiful climber that traditionally means clever, intellectual.
Ways to Celebrate Your 8th Anniversary:
- Go out and play billiard-table eight ball.
- Plant a clematis vine in your yard.
- Go to a pottery class together.
- Purchase tickets to a show, movie, sports event, concert, theater, etc. to attend together.
Gift Suggestions to Purchase for Your 8th Anniversary:
- Bronze photo frame with the picture of the two of you.
- Purchase a bronze framed share of stock in a major company that has meaning to the both of you.
- Lace gloves.
- Pottery vase.
- Bronze wind chimes.
- Soft, cuddly blanket.
- Bronze door knocker.
- Tourmaline jewelry.
- Bronze bookends.
- Bronze sculpture.
- Lace tablecloth.
Gift Suggestions to Make for Your 8th Anniversary:
- Stuff a bronze box with a love note, book on romance, love coupons, picture of the two of you, etc.
- Make a pottery vase.
- Road map describing a short trip (Buy Direct) to take together to a locale where you can take a pottery class together.