This acorn squash is halved baked then stuffed with tart cooking apples and honey. Get this top-rated baked acorn squash recipe.
- Wash squashes and halve lengthwise; scoop out seeds and scrape out fibers.
- Put halved squashes into a baking dish, cut side down.
- Put the baking dish on the oven rack and add about 1/2 inch of boiling water to the dish. Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- While acorn squashes are baking, prepare the apple stuffing.
- Peel, core, and dice the apples.
- Mix apples with 1/4 cup melted butter and the honey.
- Turn acorn squash halves cut side up and brush with melted butter then sprinkle with salt.
- Fill each acorn squash half with apple and honey mixture.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and continue baking at 400 F for 30 minutes longer, until squash and apples are tender.