- 1/2 cup canola oil (or 1/2 cup stick margarine, softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint blueberries (or 12 plums, halved or 12 apricots, halved or 3 to 4 apples, sliced or 3 to 4 peaches, sliced or a mixture of these fruits)
- Garnish: lemon juice to taste
- Garnish: cinnamon to taste
- Garnish: sugar to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
2. Spray a 9" spring form (8" can also work) with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream cream oil (or margarine) and sugar. Blend in eggs.
4. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to the cake batter.
5. Place batter in the spring form pan.
6. Cover the batter with fruit.
7. Sprinkle top with lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar according to taste.
8. Bake @350 for 1 hour.
Serving Suggestions: Serve topped with pareve whipped cream or pareve ices (lemon or coconut ices go especially well).
Note: You can use frozen and canned fruit instead of fresh fruit. However, drain them and add a Tbsp. of flour to the topping with the canned and frozen fruit to absorb the juices.