If you're a Bay Area antique and vintage lover, you mark your calendar for the Alameda Point Antiques Faire every month. Sometimes called Antiques by the Bay or the Alameda Flea Market, the event is northern California's largest flea market.
Runway 7/25 Alameda Point
Alameda, California 94501
- Enter at end of Main Street, go through gate extending 2 miles west
- Use "2900 Navy Way, Alameda, California 94501" for GPS
Dates and Times:
- First Sunday of every month (second Sunday if show cancelled because of rain)
- 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Free tram from back of parking lot to admission area from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- $15 from 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- $10 from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- $5 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Free admission for children 14 and under accompanied by parent
- No entry after 3 p.m.
- Free parking
- Service animals only
You won't get bogged down by booth after booth of tube socks and counterfeit purses. All merchandise for sale must be at least 20 years old. It would be impossible to list all the merchandise, but you'll certainly find a great selection of:
- Antiques and collectibles
- Repurposed and upcycled goods made from vintage items
- Vintage clothing
- Furniture, from fine antiques to funky vintage
- Paintings, pottery, and other artwork
- Ceramics, glassware, and dishes
- Vintage kitsch
- Architectural salvage
Alameda Point Antiques Faire Shopping Tips:
- Get your hand stamped so you can leave and come back without paying admission again.
- Large pushcarts are available for loan. Leave big purchases with the sellers until you get ready to leave, and then load them up and wheel them to the loading zone. You can pull your vehicle right up to the loading zone.
- A huge variety of food and drink is available from the food court, but you might want to bring some bottled water or a thermos of coffee anyway. The lines are often rather long.
- Dress in layers. The view is fantastic, but it can get cool and windy.
- Dealers are willing to haggle, but you'll get better prices at the end of the day. Dealers aren't allowed to leave before 3 p.m.
- There are two ATM machines on the flea market grounds. One is at the entrance, but you'll probably have to wait in line.
Selling at the Alameda Flea Market:
- First booth $155, additional spaces $130 each
- Vendor setup begins at 4 a.m. (must be complete by 8 a.m.)
- Vendors may not start packing to leave until 3 p.m. (must be off the property by 7 p.m.)
- Tables available to rent for $10 each