San Francisco’s Bernal Heights neighborhood plays host to the Alemany Flea Market every Sunday. Except for handmade arts and crafts, new merchandise is prohibited—so you’ll get to dig through lots of antique and vintage goods.
100 Alemany Blvd
San Francisco, California 94110
- Bernal Heights
Days and Times
- Opens every Sunday
- 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Garage sale day on the first Sunday of each month
- Free admission
- Street and lot parking available
- Service animals only
The Alemany Flea Market requires at least 50% of a dealer's booth to have antiques, collectibles (which covers most vintage items), or artisan-made goods. New merchandise isn't permitted unless it's handmade. You may have to do some digging, but you'll probably spot:
- Vintage clothing, jewelry,and hats
- Antique and vintage furniture
- Paintings and pottery
- Kitschy housewares
- Ceramics, glassware and dishes
- Architectural salvage
- Vintage toys and games
- Advertising signs and posters
- Old garden furniture and statuary
- Vintage cameras, vinyl records and books
- Handmade arts and crafts
- Stop for cash on the way to the flea market. Most dealers don't take credit or debit cards.
- Concessions are available. People tend to either love or hate the tacos.
- The first Sunday of the month is fun for garage sale day, but most of the antique dealers will be across the bay in Alameda.
- Lots of vendors are willing to haggle. You'll get the best bargains near the end of the day, especially on big, heavy items.
- Take your treasure hunting toolkit with you.
- For other California flea finds, check out the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena.
- All new and temporary sellers must submit a vendor application.
- No spaces may be rented after 7:00 a.m. on the day of the flea market.
- 10-by-12-foot spaces cost $45 in cash on market day, which includes one parking place.
- Space rental fees must be paid 7:00 a.m. on market day for new and temporary sellers, and by 10:00 a.m. for regular vendors.
- Seller spaces are assigned first come, first served.
- If you rent a booth at the Alemany Flea Market more than twice in 12 months, you must have a California seller's permit.
- At least half of your merchandise must be considered collectible, antique, or handcrafted.
- Two vendors selling live plants or fresh flowers are permitted each Sunday. Get your space reserved early so you don't miss out.
- If you want to sell new merchandise (or if more than 50% of your used goods aren't antique or collectible), you can only do so on the first Sunday of the month, which is called Garage Sale Sunday.
- Forbidden goods include animals, bicycles, weapons, motor vehicles or parts, counterfeit items, stolen merchandise, fireworks and pornography. Tobacco, alcohol, and drugs (including all paraphernalia) are prohibited as well. Knives are allowed but must be kept locked in a case.
- All vendors must be set up and ready to sell by 7:00 a.m. on market day--and must be off of the property by 4:00 p.m.
- If you want to cancel your vendor space, you must contact flea market management by phone at (415) 647-2043 by 3:00 p.m. the day before the flea market. No-shows without prior notice will not receive rain checks or refunds.
- Vendors must keep their booth spaces orderly during the flea market and must clean their space before they leave for the day.