The Bottom Line
There are a lot of expensive stainless steel gas grills inserts on the market. Most are well built of high-quality stainless steel with welded seams and high gloss finishes. Alfresco is no exception to this. This big, beautiful gas grill is loaded with power and built to last. The even heat will generate high cooking temperatures and give you all you want out of a grill and with enough options to fit any need.
The 82,500 BTU output of the main burners heats this grill up hot and fast. You can swap out one of these burners for an infrared unit, but with the heat of this grill you probably won't need the extra searing power.
- Superior construction
- Fully integrated rotisserie system
- Part of a complete line of Outdoor Kitchen products
- Replacement parts are very expensive
- Three 27,500 BTU stainless steel U-shaped burners
- 770 square inches of primary grilling space plus a 4 position warming rack
- 82,500 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 18,500 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with built in chain driven rotisserie motor
- 7,000 BTU dedicated smoker burner
- Two internal halogen lights
- Porcelain ceramic briquette barrier
- Complete 304 welded stainless steel construction
- Electronic Igniter
- Options include sear burner, side burners, refrigerator and much more
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with additional equipment
- Made in the United States
Guide Review - Alfresco ALX2 42-Inch Gas Grill Insert
In 1999, Dale Sieden left Lynx Grills (the company he started 5 years earlier) to start up Alfresco Grills. The goal was to create a product line that would include everything imaginable for the outdoor kitchen. Alfresco seeks to become the most recognized brand name for outdoor kitchen equipment.
One tall order.
This 42-inch gas grill is actually the midsized unit of the Alfresco line and is part of a complete line of outdoor kitchen products. The attention to detail is extraordinary in this unit. Take, for instance, the rotisserie system. This grill has an 18,500 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner, flush mounted so that it doesn't interfere with the grilling space. The rotisserie motor is mounted below the grill and the rod is turned by an internal chain. The rod fits entirely inside the grill so there are no rotisserie gaps in the double wall hood. This means that while the grill has a full function rotisserie system without interfering with the function of the grill.
As with most grills of this quality, the price can get pretty steep but this kind of grill doesn't come cheap. Starting at around $5,000 for the basic built-in model, it can go up quickly in price with the addition of extra features.