01 of 09
Convertible Bridesmaids Dresses
When it comes to dressing your bridesmaids, you want all of them to feel comfortable and confident in their bridesmaids dresses. After all, these ladies are your closest friends and family, so you want them to be happy. It can be tough to find one style of dress that looks good on everyone. More often than not your bridesmaids will be of various sizes and body types so that can make it extra tricky.
One popular option for solving this fashion dilemma is the convertible bridesmaid dress! Many bridal brands offer a convertible style in their arsenal, from David's Bridal to Two Birds Bridesmaid, and these versatile dresses can be worn in a number of ways. Check out the following slides to learn more about these versatile convertible bridesmaids dresses.Continue to 2 of 9 below.
02 of 09
What is a convertible bridesmaids dress?
Convertible bridesmaids dresses are a type of dress that can be worn in a number of ways. They typically feature two long straps that can be wrapped and tied in various ways for a custom look every time.
Dresses pictured from Henkaa.Continue to 3 of 9 below.
03 of 09
Why Convertible Bridesmaids Dresses Are Awesome
Convertible bridesmaids dresses are awesome for a lot of reasons:
- Many companies offer a standard size and plus size option, but otherwise, they are generally one size fits all so they are easy to order in bulk.
- They are flattering to any body type or size because you can customize the look based on your preferences. Choose one dress and get unlimited looks in one!
- There are tons of places you can get convertible bridesmaids dresses from, so they are easily accessible.
- Convertible bridesmaids dresses come at a variety of price points so they can be affordable for everyone.
- They also come in an array of colors, so you shouldn't have a problem finding the perfect shade to match your wedding color scheme.
- Different brands offer different fabrics, featuring anything from chiffon, lycra, cotton jersey, knit satin.
- Since you can easily cinch and drape the fabric for any size, no alterations will be needed!
Bridesmaids Dresses pictured from The Bridesmaids DressesContinue to 4 of 9 below.
04 of 09
Challenges of Convertible Bridesmaids Dresses
There are also a few challenges when considering convertible bridesmaids dresses:
Continue to 5 of 9 below.
- They can be difficult to wear if you have a larger bust. You'll need a privacy panel or matching tube top to cover your bra if you'd like to wear one.
- Not all brands offer plus sizes.
- Not all brands offer matching undergarments or privacy panels.
- Some brands are fairly expensive.
- They don't offer a lot of lining, so Spanx is a must.
05 of 09
Sorella Vita's Maid Your Way Convertible Bridesmaid Dress
The Maid Your Way Convertible Bridesmaids Dress from Sorella Vita is unique in terms of convertible dresses as it's made from chiffon, rather than the typical lycra. Sorella Vita's gowns also come with a satin belt.
This convertible dress features two straps on the front and two on the back of the dress, allowing the wearer to drape, twist or wrap the streamers to create a look that they love.
Available in cocktail length or maxi length.Continue to 6 of 9 below.
06 of 09
Dessy Group's Twist Wrap Dress
Dessy Group has its own iteration of the convertible bridesmaids dress called the Twist Wrap dress. They offer the designs in their signature jersey but they also have a version with a chiffon overskirt for a little extra dose of romance.
Dessy also offers thorough tying instructions for some style inspiration.Continue to 7 of 9 below.
07 of 09
Collection of Convertible Bridesmaids Dresses from Jenny Yoo
Jenny Yoo is an innovative and talented bridal designer who brought an extra dose of femininity and grace to the convertible bridesmaids dress concept. Her designs include convertible features informal and cocktail length gowns made from luxurious chiffon or tulle.
Jenny Yoo's convertible dresses feature panels that can be raised and manipulated in various ways to create different necklines patterns or waistband accent. Several of the gowns come with a detachable tulle sash that can be tied around the waist to flatter a woman's curves.Continue to 8 of 9 below.
08 of 09
Convertible Bridesmaids Dresses from TwoBirdsBridesmaid
TwoBirdsBridesmaid offers several gorgeous options for convertible bridesmaids dresses, including long and short versions of their original gown, as well as new versions that featured textured skirts.Continue to 9 of 9 below.
09 of 09
Are convertible bridesmaids dresses right for your wedding party?
Only you and your bridesmaids can answer the question: are convertible bridesmaids dresses right for my wedding party?
If you're looking for one style of dress with endless style options that can easily be worn again and again, they are absolutely a great option to consider.