Allison was editorial director of the Spruce, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts through December 2020.
As editorial director, Allison oversaw a team of editors who update, edit and publish content for The Spruce, The Spruce Crafts and The Spruce Pets. Allison is an editor and writer with over a decade of experience in the lifestyle space. She hopes to make The Spruce family of brands the go-to destination for people looking to make their best home.
- 13 years professional writing and editing experience
- Extensive knowledge of home decor trends, pet care tips, gardening advice, and other lifestyle topics
- Expertise in brand-building and digital content strategy
Allison has been obsessed with interior design since the original Trading Spaces debuted in 2000 and was inspired to add a lime green accent wall to her childhood bedroom. She started her career in print media at Condé Nast’s Brides New York magazine, where much of her work focused on fact-checking articles and interviews for accuracy. She later worked as a home and registry editor at Brides.com, where she reported on interior design trends and edited their Webby award-nominated blog. A proud Dog Mom and Crazy Plant Lady, she launched The Spruce to help people discover their own passions (no matter the niche) and make their homes a bit more beautiful.
Allison graduated with honors from New York University, with a degree in journalism.
Interviews & Media
- TripSavvy: With Travel on Hold, More Americans Are Spending Money on Home Improvements
- The Lisa Show: Making Your Home Cozy
- The Lisa Show: Making Overnight Guests Feel Welcome
- Domino: Moving Has Never Been Easier, Thanks to This Handy Checklist
- The Washington Post: The pros and cons of 6 driveway materials
- Greatist: 8 Super-Simple Ways to Clean Out the Junk Hiding in Your Kitchen
- METRO US: How to hygge like a true Scandinavian
- Greatist: The 11 Grossest Things You Use Every Single Day and Don't Know How to Clean
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.