This amaretto Bundt cake is a rich cream cheese and butter pound cake with almond extract and amaretto in the cake and in the glaze.
Bake this great cake in a Bundt cake pan or tube cake pan, and serve small slices with berries or sliced fruit.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan or tube cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream butter, and cream cheese with 2 2/3 cups of the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in almond extract.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine the milk with 1/4 cup of the amaretto liqueur.
- Add dry mixture to the creamed mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the milk mixture and ending with dry ingredients.
- Mix the batter until smooth and well blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared Bundt cake or tube cake pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 3/4 cup of amaretto with the 1/3 cup sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove to a rack and cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
For Tube Cake Pan:
- With a metal or wooden skewer or toothpick, prick cake all over.
- Slowly spoon half of the amaretto and sugar mixture over the cake.
- Let the cake stand for 10 minutes; loosen sides and invert onto a rack or large plate.
- Prick the bottom all over and slowly spoon the remaining amaretto mixture over the cake. Invert onto a serving plate and let the cake cool completely.
For Bundt Cake Pan:
- With a metal or wooden skewer or toothpick, prick cake all over. Slowly spoon half of the amaretto and sugar mixture over the cake.Let the cake stand for 10 minutes; invert onto a cake plate. Prick the top all over and slowly drizzle the remaining amaretto mixture over the cake.