Amelia Arvesen is a copy editor for a Colorado-based real estate firm and contributes to leading travel and outdoor publications, such as Via Magazine, Outside, and Backpacker.
- Amelia has written for The Spruce since 2021.
- She studied journalism at the University of Kansas.
- She is a freelance writer for leading travel and outdoor publications.
Having written for newspapers and magazines for a decade now, Amelia is a seasoned journalist who covers an array of topics including outdoor recreation, travel, business, lifestyle, and interior design. She has also been awarded for her investigative reporting.
Amelia received her Bachelor of Science in Journalism from the University of Kansas in 2015.
- My Favorite Winter Gloves for Various Activities, Outside
- The Best Plus-Sized Women's Hiking Apparel for Winter, Backpacker
- The Best Face Masks for All-Day Wear, SNEWS
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.