Offering consumers superior performance, application, and the color definition was the goal of this unique paint formulation for interior acrylic latex paint.
American Tradition® Signature Colors™ uses a new formulation process called Duramax Ti3 Technology to create a rich and creamy, low-odor paint that ensures thick one-coat coverage and creates superior color definition.
Duramax Ti3 Technology combines 100% acrylic resins to produce a tough, durable, stain-resistant finish to stand up to regular maintenance. The newly-painted finish will not wash off.
“The technology behind American Tradition Signature Colors delivers a triple value—-in the diverse palette, durability, and ease of application,” says Jim Robellard, Director of Marketing of The Valspar Corporation.
“When homeowners decide to begin a new project, they want to select colors that make a personal statement about their lifestyle,” explained Melissa Birdsong, Lowe's director of trend forecasting and design. “By bringing together some of the best-known names in home design, we can simplify that process. The combination of this great new paint technology and inspiring color palettes makes it easier than ever for people to put their own signature style in their homes.”
With colors created by the designer firms of Laura Ashley and Waverly, and complimented with the Eddie Bauer Home Collection, Earth Elements, and a collection inspired by Nickelodeon TV programs, homeowners get professional guidance to a selection of colors to complement their homes.
Read about Signature Colors Design Centers, where homeowners can see their selections in rooms before they buy the paint.
The Signature Colors Design Center, installed in all Lowe's store paint departments, features a computerized system that allows the consumer to experiment with different colors in a variety of different room settings.
Using software at the store, consumers can colorize the walls and trim of rooms in 30 photos of five settings.
The software is also available to take home. The consumer can import photos of their own rooms and see how their own home would look in colors available.
Using the Virtual Painter software, over 1,000 colors can be combined on walls and trim until a desired look is accomplished.
Additional information is available in Lowe's stores on preparing the surfaces for painting, proper priming, and final-coat painting.
Consumers also can get other helpful information "All About Color." They can learn about coordinating colors on walls and trim, coordinating furnishings and window treatments, and how to blend colors from room to room.
...the Signature Colors Design Center is a wonderful way to offer these paints to do-it-yourselfers, says Jim Robellard. "Most people have what we call color anxiety.' They worry about mixing two or three colors in a room, but the design center makes color selection a foolproof process.
Learn about the Designer Paint Collections.
The Signature Colors collections offer consumers over 1,000 color choices in six distinctive brands with six distinctive designer collections.
Laura Ashley Home Colour Collection
- Renowned English designer Laura Ashley introduces 32 colors through the Signature Colors program. The core colors of this well-known line, inspired by the rich, lush, and vibrant English countryside, include tints and shades of russet, pale sunshine, twine, lupin, rose, cowslip, apple, sapphire and rustic red.
Waverly Home Classics
- The Waverly Home Classics color collection of paints are designed to coordinate with Waverly consumer fabrics, draperies, wall coverings, and drapery hardware. Their pallate includes Beautiful Blue, Pink Passion, Willow, Paris Blue, Salmon Shade, New England Yellow, and Dusty Leaf.
Eddie Bauer Home
- The Eddie Bauer Home Signature Colors palette features color families representative of the company's outdoor lifestyle. Colors such as Shale, Calico, Meadow, Chili, Lilac Petal, and Burnt Brick are among the choices.
- Eucalyptus, Swoosh, Desert Rouge, Eclipse, Rainwater, and Fossil Rock are just some of the colors offered in this collection which takes its name from the earth. Included are textured paint finishes resembling rough stone, pebbled matte finish, or the shimmer of quartz.
- If you want something colorful and fun for your kids' bedroom or playroom, look at The Nickelodeon collection. Inspired by favorite kids TV programs, the collection chooses colors named for Blues Clues, Oswald, Dora the Explorer, Rugrats, Jimmy Neutron and SpongeBob Squarepants. You can also purchase coordinated sponges and appliques for a custom touch.
Find these paints at one of over 850 Lowe's Home Centers in 45 states.