Amy Jurries is an outdoor enthusiast and writer for The Spruce. She is also the founder of The GearCaster, a leading outdoor gear website that tracks product trends.
- Her writing has appeared in a variety of publications including Outside, Backpacker, AFAR, The Red Bulletin, REI Co-op Journal, TNT magazine, and Pilot Guides
- Amy has her MBA in finance and entrepreneurship from London Business School
Amy's writing has covered everything from the best hiking gear to her journey solo biking through Slovenia. She has lived and worked in many countries including Belgium, Canada, France, Sweden, and the United Kingdom, though she currently resides in sunny California. When not on her bike or backpacking with her dog, Lola, she's usually traveling to explore some far off destination. You can follow her adventures over on Instagram @thegearcaster.
Amy has an MBA in finance and entrepreneurship from London Business School.
- Explore the High-Altitude Lakes of the Peruvian Andes, Backpacker
- Gear Storage Hacks for the Apartment Dweller, Outside Online
- A New Eco-Friendly Ski Wax Made From Plants, The GearCaster
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.