Angelica Leicht has over a decade of experience as a writer and editor. When she's not reviewing home, decor, and family products for The Spruce, she works as an editor at DGO Mag—a Durango, Colorado-based magazine.
- She's a native Houstonian who has written and edited a number of publications, including DGO Mag, Houston Press, and Dallas Observer
- Angelica has written for The Spruce since March 2019
- She specializes in longform narrative and reviews
Angelica has worked as a writer and editor for a number of publications over the last ten years. She started her career at the Houston Press as music listings editor and spent years reviewing artists like Elton John, Cher, and Imagine Dragons before ultimately taking the plunge into news writing. She later worked as web editor for the Dallas Observer, and has written and edited for Planet Jackson Hole, Kearney Hub, Hype Houston, and Dank Slate, among others.
When she’s not writing or cleaning up other writers’ work, Angelica spends too much time trying to figure out how to cook and paint. She’s getting better at both, but is still a work in progress, unless it involves dessert. Dessert she conquers like a pro.
Angelica earned a B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies at the University of Houston Downtown and a B.A. in English Literature and Mexican American Studies at the University of Houston Main campus.
- It's Time to Fight Back Against Elves on Shelves, Houston Press
- The Best Restaurant in Pagosa Springs Is a Food Truck, DGO Mag
- Peach Dish and Sun Basket are Meal Delivery Boxes That Should Be on Your List, DGO MAg
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.