There’s no better way to celebrate a couple you love than by getting them a card or gift to celebrate their wedding anniversary. It’s no doubt a special day in their minds and it will make them even happier knowing it’s a special day in yours as well. Let them know how much you care by adding a short, sweet personalized message in your anniversary card.
A couple’s first anniversary is a remarkably special one. It marks one full trip around the sun being bound to each other—officially—by law. They made one of the biggest decisions exactly one year ago and they stayed strong through thick and thin. Whether that first year of marriage was difficult or easy breezy, that’s an accomplishment. Take part in that happiness and let them know they are loved by sending them a special card to commemorate the date.
The couple’s first anniversary will likely be spent reminiscing on their past year and sharing memories of their wedding day. If you have any memories from their wedding event, add that into their card. It will give your message an even more personal feel and it will give them yet another smile on this special day.
- Happy first anniversary! Wow, I can’t believe it’s been a whole year. Enjoy your day.
- I hope you two have a lovely first anniversary together. We love you both so much!
- Have a wonderful anniversary! Remember my dress fiasco on your wedding day? We got through it!
- Love to you both on your special day.
- Happy first anniversary you two! I’m so happy for you both and I’m excited to see your love continue to grow.
Of course, every anniversary deserves a celebration. An anniversary is an important day to remember why a marriage or couple is so wonderful and to celebrate that connection. The 10th, 25th, and 50th marriages are often noted as milestones in life, sometimes warranting a big celebration with families and friends to commemorate the day together.
If your favorite couple is celebrating a milestone anniversary, give them a card to congratulate them. Staying in a marriage for many years is something worth celebrating. Be sure to let them know you appreciate their commitment to each other and you are proud of their marriage.
- Congratulations on being together for 50 years! I can’t believe it. I love you!
- Happy 10th anniversary! We love you so much and we can’t wait to see how your love blossoms.
- We love you guys! Have a lovely 25th anniversary. We’re honored to celebrate with you.
- We are so happy you two found each other. Congratulations on 50 years.
- You two lovebirds will be together forever—I know it! Happy anniversary.
- Have fun on your 25th anniversary trip! We love you both so much and we can’t wait to celebrate you.
There are so many quotes from great writers and thinkers about love and anniversaries. There’s no doubt you can find one that resonates with your favorite couple on their special day. Think about who their favorite people are and find out if they have a quote about love. Or, browse famous quotes about love and anniversaries until you find one that’s the perfect fit. Add this quote into your anniversary card to make your note even more special. Who knows, it may even become this couple’s mantra as they go through life together in the future.
Quotes can offer advice, show appreciation, even express happiness. A quote is a great way to give your card a little extra oomph.
- “Love is not about how many days, months, or years you have been together. Love is about how much you love each other every single day.” —Unknown
- “Real love stories never have endings.” —Richard Bach
- “You know you are in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” —Dr. Seuss
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” —Herman Hesse
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” —Mignon McLaughlin
- “Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.’” —Erich Fromm
- “Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.” —Barnette R. Brickner