01 of 03
Supplies Needed to Make This Purple Paper Flower
I have always loved the look of dried flower arrangements. Last week it was my plan, to make a green and purple paper flower bouquet out of vintage styled printed paper. I went to several craft stores looking for some sheets that would match the image I had in my mind but alas none were to be found. So I went to Adobe Photoshop and designed papers and petals myself, and then printed out the flower parts on ordinary computer paper with a laser printer. I was looking for a dark antique style that... would be reminiscent of aged dried flowers and think I ended with good results.
These flowers are a snap to make once they are printed and cut. Make a couple of them and arrange in a vase with natural floral elements. Very pretty!
Supplies Needed:Continue to 2 of 3 below.
02 of 03
How to Make a Purple Paper Flower: Printing and Cutting Instructions
Continue to 3 of 3 below.
- Print out the small, medium and large flower petals.
- Print out the leaf page.
- Turn the flower petal sheets over, and print the Kraft paper file onto the backs of the flower petal sheets.
- Turn the leaf page over and print the dark green file onto the back of the page.
- You can either print the purple page out onto the white sheet of cardstock or use a page of deep purple commercial cardstock.
- Cut out the petals, sepal and leafs with scissors.
- Cut the purple dots on a digital die cutter using the... downloaded cutting files or cut out with a 3/4/ inch round paper punch.
03 of 03
Arrange Your Purple Paper Flowers in a Vase with Dried Elements
- Insert the wooden dowel into the styrofoam ball. Secure it with a bit of hot glue.
- Start glueing the purple dots onto the styrofoam ball top with hot glue. Make sure to attach the dots starting at the top and continuing downwards in a spiral.
- Cover the ball about 3/4 from the top downwards. The petals will cover the rest of the styrofoam ball after they are attached.
- Cut nine small flower petals.
- Cut nine medium sized flower petals.
- Cut nine large sized flower petals.
- Score a line down each flower... petal on the purple side with a bone folder.
- Use a pencil to curl all petal edges giving each petal some depth and dimension.
- Glue the nine small petals with hot glue onto the top of the styrofoam ball as in the photo above.
- Glue the nine medium sized petals under the small petals as in the photo above.
- Glue the nine large petals onto the bottom of the styrofoam ball.
- Curl the edges of the sepal with the pencil, and cut a small hole in the middle.
- Insert the dowel into the hole and place the sepal next to the bottom of the styrofoam ball.Secure with a bit of hot glue.
- Cover the wooden dowel with brown floral tape.
- Fold the leafs in half after scoring with a bone folder.
- Attach the leafs to the stem with some hot glue.
- You are now finished. Place your paper flower into a vase, and add some dried natural elements as filler. Admire your creation :)