With 11 participating communities and more than 150 miles of sales, Eastern Michigan's annual Antique Yard Sale Trail is a don't-miss event. The sale route runs from the Blue Water Area's M-29 to M-25, along the bank of the St. Clair River and the shores of Lake Huron and Saginaw Bay.
Antique Yard Sale Trail Route
- Sebewaing, Michigan to Algonac, Michigan
- Sale route runs along Lake Huron, Saginaw Bay, and the bank of the St. Clair River on Michigan highways 29 and 25 (M-29 and M-25)
- More than 150 miles of yard sales, antique tents, and community events
- Participating communities include Sebewaing, Port Austin, Port Hope, Harbor Beach, Forestville, Port Sanilac, Lexington, Port Huron, St. Clair, Marine City and Clay Township - Algonac.
Dates and Times
The Antique Yard Sale Trail is held annually during the second full weekend of August on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The yard sale hours are approximately 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., although individual sellers may set their own opening and closing times
- 2017 Dates (confirmed): August 11, 12, and 13
- 2018 Dates (confirmed): August 10, 11, and 12
- 2019 Dates (expected): August 9, 10, and 11
Things to Do Along the Way
- Take advantage of Eastern Michigan Blue Water Area lodging, dining, and attractions.
- Stop to enjoy community events such as Marine City's Maritime Days Festival, Port Sanilac's Antique Fair and Flea Market at the Sanilac County Museum, and Forestville's tent sale (antiques and yard sale fare) on the lawn of Farmhouse Antiques.
A wide variety of merchandise is offered for sale along the 150+ mile route. Expect to see:
- Antiques of all types
- Used and vintage furniture
- Glass and porcelain collectibles
- Pewter and silver items
- Vintage clothing
- Jewelry and fashion accessories
- Coins and baseball cards
- Garden plants and pots
- Vintage housewares and home accessories
M-25 and M-29 Antique Yard Sale Trail Tips
- Watch for signs leading the way to off-highway yard sales as you travel through cities and towns.
- Make your wish list, pack a yard sale tool kit and plenty of cash, and study the Top 10 Yard Sale Shopping Tips before you head to the sale route.
- In addition to yard sales, watch for local antique shops, eateries, and museums along the way.
- Don't be afraid to haggle for better deals, especially on the second and third days of the event, but be sure you don't make any huge haggling mistakes.