This delicious apple cranberry crisp is finished with a generous topping of oats, brown sugar, and butter. Add some chopped pecans or walnuts to the topping for a little extra crunch and flavor.
Add a dollop of whipped cream or serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream for an amazing dessert. This combination if perfect for a fall dinner or holiday dessert.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Butter a shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish. Heat the oven to 325 F (165 C).
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries and apple slices. Add the granulated sugar, lemon juice, and salt; toss to coat thoroughly.
- Turn the apple mixture into a prepared baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, oats, and flour in a small bowl. Work the butter in with your fingers, a fork, or a pastry blender until the butter is distributed evenly and the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over cranberry and apple filling.
- Bake at for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until topping is crispy and fruit is tender.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or serve it with a drizzling of cream or whipped cream.
You Might Also Like: