This Apple Dump Cake looks like a cake but tastes like an apple pie. You can never eat too many apples in the fall or any time of year for that matter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- In the pan, mix apples with 2 teaspoons cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar. Spread evenly in the pan. Cover with apple cider.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over apple mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- Pour melted butter over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- It doesn't taste quite as good, but to make it easier you may substitute 2 cans of pie filling for apples, water, and sugar. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread in pan and complete as above.