Apricot nectar adds flavor and moisture to this rich sour cream pound cake. Warm apricot preserves top this pound cake.
Best Lemon Pound Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine -- softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 jar apricot preserves -- (12 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Generously grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon and almond extracts.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture, sour cream, and apricot nectar. Scrape bowl frequently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Cool the cake on a rack for 20 minutes, then remove from pan. Cool thoroughly.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine preserves and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until preserves have melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- Spoon half of the preserves mixture over the cake.
- Slice the cake and serve with remaining preserves; top with whipped cream, if desired.
You Might Also Like