Thick Venezuelan-style arepas are stuffed with spicy South American-style pulled pork (easily prepared in the crockpot) and cilantro garlic mayonnaise. A great lunch or snack, arepas have a delicious corn flavor. Similar to a pupusa, they're perfect for stuffing with their crispy exterior and soft chewy interior.
- Stir the cilantro, lime juice, and garlic into the mayonnaise.
- Heat the arepas for a few minutes in a 350-degree oven, or warm them briefly in a skillet.
- Heat the pulled pork in the microwave or on the stove.
- Split the arepas in half, in the same way you would split an English muffin, but do not slice all the way through - leave the two halves attached at one end.
- Spread the inside of arepas with 2 teaspoons of the garlic mayonnaise.
- Fill each arepa with 2-3 tablespoons of the beef mixture.
- Serve arepas warm. Filled arepas can be wrapped in foil and chilled until ready to serve, then reheated in the oven (still wrapped in foil).