Vegetarian and vegan asparagus pasta salad with tomatoes and fresh parsley and tossed in a quick and easy balsamic vinaigrette dressing. A quick and easy vegetarian pasta salad perfect for when fresh asparagus is in season. Enjoy!
- 2 cups bowtie, shell or macaroni pasta, cooked
- 1/2 pound asparagus, diced
- 3 carrots, diced (optional)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
Blanch or steam the asparagus, carrots and bell pepper separately in a bit of water just until cooked. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes, pasta and parsley.
In a small bowl or blender, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, basil and and salt and pepper. Pour this dressing over the pasta, stirring well to coat.
Chill before serving, if desired.
Like pasta salads?
Here's more meat-free pasta salad recipes to try:
- Classic Italian pasta salad recipe with bell peppers, olives and artichokes
- Gourmet fresh apricot pasta salad recipe
- Tortellini pasta salad recipe with apples
- Pasta salad with black olives and feta cheese
- Creamy vegetarian pasta salad recipe with artichoke hearts
- Summer avocado and rotini vegetarian pasta salad
- Easy bow tie pasta salad with healthy collard greens
- Wagon wheel pasta salad for kids with mushrooms
- Meatless pasta primavera salad with bell peppers and broccoli
- Quick and easy vegetarian pasta salad with kidney beans
- More vegetarian and vegan pasta salad recipes to try