Call center for device replacement insurance
Based in Nashville, TN, this company began in 1994 as a provider of roadside assistance for motorists. Today Asurion is a Fortune 500 company with 15,000 employees that provides device replacement insurance sold through companies such as AT&T, Verizon, and Walmart. It has merged with several companies over the years, including NEW Corp, which offered similar services and also had a work-at-home division.
Types of Work at Home Opportunities:
While some of its call center positions are in offices, Asurion offers full- and part-time work at home positions in customer service as well. These include:
- At-Home Customer Service Team Member: These employees handle inbound calls from customers regarding wireless handset insurance claims, electronics repair, facilitation or roadside assistance requests from customers. This job requires one year of customer service, retail or call center experience as well as computer literacy. This job offers both full-time and part-time hours.
- Bilingual At-Home Customer Services Representative: See above “At-Home Customer Service” position for requirements and summary. This job, which pays $1 per hour more than the English-only one, is offered in both Spanish and French depending on the state in which the job is offered. An assessment of your language skills is required.
Many of these job opportunities require that employees are flexible about work shifts, which can be both daytime and evening as required. Strong verbal and written communication skills are sought, and a high school diploma or GED is required. Applicants should also have at least one year previous experience in customer service or retail, and PC literacy is very important as well as the ability to type 25-35 WPM.
For some of these jobs employees will attend a 6-week, online training. Part of the training period will require full-time hours.
Along with these qualifications, applicants must be able to provide their own equipment which must adhere to the technology requirements of an Asurion home office. Although the necessary requirements changes, based on the individual job, some of the main requirements include Windows 7, high-speed internet connection, a sound card, minimum of 1 GB hard drive space, Microsoft Windows Firewall, and a form of approved virus protection software. Phone requirements include corded headset, telephone keypad, and analog connectivity. Cell phones cannot be used.
Even though these are work at home jobs, they can only be done in particular states in the United States. These states include Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. To find home call center jobs in your state, see this list of remote call center opportunities by state.
Pay and Benefits:
Pay of the one-language jobs are approximately $10-$11 an hour with incentives, a shift differential and overtime possible, and Asurion offers benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401k plan
Applying to Asurion:
These work-at-home positions are all available for application online at Asurion’s career page. Select the position select the application button. It will then ask you to fill out your information and sign up for an account at Asurion. This will direct you to a short online questionnaire. After you complete this there will be an opportunity to submit a CV and/or a resume. A criminal background check and a drug screening are required
Find more companies like Asurion on these pages:
- Work-at-Home Directory
- Home Call Center Jobs
- Remote Call Center Jobs With Benefits
- Bilingual Work-at-Home Jobs
- Part-Time Call Center Jobs From Home
- Bilingual Call Center Jobs