Spend a summer weekend treasure hunting in western New York state at Attic & Seller Days. The annual highway yard sale event is approximately 20 miles long. It consists primarily of community yard sales held in the participating towns of Dunkirk, Fredonia, and Westfield.
Some local residents insist the event was originally named Attic & Cellar Days. They claim it changed to Attic & Seller Days because of frequent misspellings.
The Attic & Seller Days yard sale route starts in Dunkirk, New York. It runs south to Fredonia, and then west along U.S. Highway 20 to Westfield.
- Western New York state
- Dunkirk, New York to Westfield, New York
- 20 miles along U.S. Highway 20
Days and Times:
- Annually on the first full weekend of each June
- Friday through Sunday
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Upcoming Attic & Seller Days Dates:
- 2017 Dates: June 2 through June 4
- 2018 Dates: June 1 through 3
Attic & Seller Days Shopping Tips:
- Brush up on your yard sale skills before heading to Attic & Seller Days by studying both Highway Yard Sale Shopping Tips and the Top 10 Yard Sale Shopping Tips.
- Starting on the first day of Attic & Seller Days, printed maps are available for purchase in the participating communities. If Fredonia, buy one at the Barker Commons information booth, which is located on the corner of Temple and Main Streets in Fredonia.
- The WCA Home, an assisted living home for women in Fredonia, holds its donation-based fundraising Trunk Sale (formerly called the Front Porch Sale) on Saturday during Attic & Seller Days. The trunk sale takes place from 8 a.m. til noon in parking lot number 7 (on Central Avenue behind the Alumni House) at the SUNY Fredonia campus.
- Keep an eye out for yard sales (and yard sale signs pointing the way to sales) not included on the printed maps. There is a $5 charge to list individual sales -- and some sellers choose not to pay the fee.
- While in Fredonia, stop by the "Bach Yard Sale" in Barker Commons, an historic downtown park. The event is a fundraising rummage sale to support the Bach & Beyond Baroque Music Festival. The music festival is held annually by the 1891 Fredonia Opera House. Barker Commons is bordered by Church Street, Park Place, Day Street, and East Main Street. East Main becomes Route 20.
- If you opt to make a long weekend of the Attic & Seller Days event, the host county of Chautauqua boasts a handful of Bed & Breakfasts, as well as conventional hotels and motels.
For More Attic & Seller Days Information:
- (716) 366-6200, Dunkirk Community Chamber of Commerce
- (716) 679-1565, Fredonia Community Chamber of Commerce
- (716) 326-4000, Westfield/Barcelona Community Chamber of Commerce