Sweetly spiced elegance, those are the only words I can use to properly describe the Aura In Me cocktail.
The drink is actually rather simple, but it is unique in the flavor combination. It begins with the always lovely Bols Genever, adds fresh lemon juice (bottled juice is not recommended by either of us) with a little elderflower and pine honey. The egg adds that silky foam that makes so many classic and modern drinks spectacular, and then there is the spice.
- Muddle pink pepper and cardamom in a cocktail shaker.
- Add genever and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice, syrup, and honey and give a short stir.
- Add egg white and dry shake.
- Add ice and give it a hard shake for about 20 seconds.
- Double strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with cardamom powder, "smile and let yourself feel the Aura in you!"
(Recipe Courtesy: Christos Bafas, Bartender specializing in fusion cocktails in Santorini, Greece)
More Tips for Making a Great Aura In Me
The Peppercorns. Pink peppercorns (technically unrelated to the black variety) are slightly sweet and have a peppercorn snap that, while noticeable, is gentler than black peppercorn. They also work really well with the cardamom and when the two spices are laid against the sweetened drink, there is a perfect harmony that is inspiring.
The Elderflower Syrup. In a pinch, you could use St. Germain or an elderflower cordial in place of the syrup and the link within the recipe will take you to an easy made-from-scratch syrup with great tips.
The Honey. The other matter of note is the pure pine honey (aka pinetree honey or honeydew honey). It is a special honey that has nice pine and nut notes and is made by honeybees collecting sap from, you guessed it, pine trees.