Do you have a friend, sibling, or close relative who is about to have a baby? If so, you’ll want to find the perfect gift, but don’t forget to attach a card that expresses your joy for the new parents.
Whether you’re giving this to brand new parents, moms and dads with other children at home, or a single person, the message needs to be upbeat and positive. This isn’t the time to bring up pain or trials the person may have experienced or is about to go through.
You don’t have to write a long letter to express your happiness about the new arrival. In fact, the more concise you are with your words the more special they’ll be to the recipient.
Baby Shower Card Sentiment Ideas for First-Time Parents – Gender Neutral
Before you write the actual card, draft a list of thoughts on a separate sheet of paper. Here are some things you might consider for a parent or parents who are about to have their first child:
- I’m so happy for the two (and soon to be three) of you!
- You’re about to enter into a new phase of life. Enjoy the journey, every step of the way!
- I pray for the experience to be wonderful and filled with joy!
- No one deserves the joys of parenthood more than the two of you! I wish you the best of health and a safe delivery!
Baby Shower Card Message for a Boy
If the couple has learned that they’re about to have a boy, you can be more specific with what you write. Here are some suggestions:
- Your new little guy is fortunate to have such an awesome set of parents! Congratulations!
- As your new baby boy enters the world, he has the best parents to show him around. Congratulations and many blessings!
- I’m so excited to hear that you’re having a baby boy! Whether he plays football or becomes a dancer, he’ll always be your little prince!
What to Write in a Baby Shower Card for a Girl
When a couple knows they’re about to welcome a new baby girl, you can allude to that in your card. Here are some things you can write when you know it’s a girl:
- Congratulations on your new baby girl! Enjoy the giggles and explosions of love!
- I’m so happy about the baby girl who is about to enter your life! Whether she’s a dancer, doctor, teacher, or lawyer, she’ll always be your little princess!
- Excited to welcome your baby girl! Don’t even try to resist spoiling her because it simply won’t be possible!
Message Ideas to Write for the Arrival of Twins
Giving birth to twins is special, but it also brings concern and maybe even doubt to some expectant parents. Here are some thoughts you may want to express in a baby shower card for twins:
- I’m so happy you’re about to welcome twins into your family. Now you’ll have double the fun!
- The only thing better than a new baby arriving is having two babies arrive! I wish you the very best!
- Best wishes to you and your family as you welcome two precious bundles of love!
What to Write in a Baby Shower Card to Parents Who Already Have Children
Regardless of how many children the mom and dad already have, each new child is a blessing. Express your joy for the couple with a few words that will mean something to them.
Here are some ideas for parents about to have a second, third, or fourth child:
- I’m delighted that you’re adding to your sweet family. I wish you all the blessings in the world!
- Congratulations to you and your family on the new baby!
- I’m so happy your family is about to welcome another cutie pie! Congratulations to all of you!
What to Write in a Baby Shower Card for an Adoption
A new baby in a family is special, regardless of how he or she arrives. Your sentiments should express joy and positive thoughts.
Here are some expressions to include in a baby shower card for an adoption:
- Congratulations on the adoption. I’m so happy for the two of you and wish you the very best!
- As your family grows, so does the love! I wish you all the joy and love in the world!
- All babies are blessings! Congratulations on your dream coming true!
How to Express Your Sentiments in a Belated Baby Shower Card
Whether you’re attending a baby shower after the little arrives, bringing the shower gift to a sip and see, or you simply weren’t able to attend the shower, you should still write some thoughts on a card for the new parents.
Although it’s fine to bring up the fact that you’re delivering the card late, it’s not necessary. It’s better to keep your message positive and focused on the new arrival.
Here are some thoughts to include in a belated baby shower card:
- Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy! He is absolutely adorable!
- I’m so happy to hear about the birth of your little girl! She’s so blessed to join such a sweet family!
- How exciting to know that you’ve already brought your baby home! I wish you and your family all the best as you begin this new journey!
Important to Remember
Don’t forget that when people are about to welcome a new baby into their home, they can be overwhelmed with everything that goes along with it. That’s why it’s best to be concise with any message you write. A few words can have a lot of meaning.
Also keep in mind that your message may be read aloud at the baby shower, so don't write anything too personal. If there's something else you'd like to write, do so in a separate letter.