Bacon, eggs, and cheese...all on a waffle????? Yep, it's an entire breakfast to go. What could be better? It's a meal you can walk around with, a complete breakfast for the road!!!
It's so simple too! Just place some batter in your waffle iron and top with a whole egg, shredded cheese, and bacon crumbles. Then put more batter on top and cook! You can also make these savory waffles without the whole egg. The bacon and cheddar by itself is also delicious! You can also get really crazy and top this bacon waffle with maple syrup!!
You can easily freeze these waffles and reheat them when you are ready to eat! This recipe makes the perfect amount of waffles for a family of four. We all know how busy and crazy our mornings can get! When you're running short on time, you can easily wrap these in a napkin and take with you as you are walking out the door. Or you can enjoy a nice sit down breakfast with your loved ones and eat these waffles with a fork and knife like a real person.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup oil (or melted butter)
- 4 slices of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any other kind)
- 4 eggs (for topping)
- Heat waffle iron on high.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, 1 egg, and oil in a liquid measuring cup or separate bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until combined.
- Add a 1/4 cup to the center of the waffle iron, crack an egg over the batter. Then sprinkle 1/4 of the bacon crumbs, and 1/4 of the cheese over the batter. Cover with about another 1/4 cup of batter and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat for the remaining 3 waffles and enjoy!!