This low calorie bacon omelet is loaded with flavor, but not calories! If you have decided to try and eat a healthier diet, you may have automatically figures that both bacon and omelettes would have no place in your diet plan
This recipe for a delicious low calorie bacon omelet uses a few little tricks to make this omelet lean, healthy, and delicious. Lean turkey bacon is one of the calorie savers as turkey bacon has far less fat and calories than typical bacon. Also, caramelized onions makes this bacon omelet hard to beat. A couple of low calorie egg white in place of some of the full eggs saves even more fat and calories.
Make up one of these healthy bacon omelettes, and serve it with whole grain toast and fresh fruit for a full brunch, lunch, or breakfast.
1. Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey bacon to the pan, and cook the bacon for 5 minutes, turning it occasionally with a small spatula or fork until it is crisp. Once the turkey bacon is cool enough to handle, crumble it into small pieces, and set it aside.
2. Reduce the heat to low, and in the same skillet, cook the onion for about 10 minutes stirring them often. Continue cooking the onions until they are soft and caramel colored.
Remove the onions from the pan, and set them aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, egg whites, milk, and the black pepper until all of the ingredients are uniformly combined. .
4. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat again, and coat the pan with cooking spray. Pour the entire egg mixture into the pan, coating the entire bottom of the pan. Allow the egg mixture to cook for 2 minutes, until the bottom of the egg mixture has formed a firm cooked skin. Next, sprinkle the bacon, onion, and cheese on one half of the omelet. Then, using a spatula, fold one end of the omelet over the other, enclosing the bacon, onion, and cheese inside. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes, until egg is fully cooked through the entire omelette. Pay attention to the inside of the omelet to make sure that the egg cooked completely.
5. Once the omelet is finished cooking, slide the omelet onto a plate and serve it immediately while it is still hot.
Per Serving Calories 233