For perfect, evenly browned bacon, try baking it in the oven. Not only is the bacon perfectly cooked, there's no stovetop splatter and cleanup is a breeze.
Keep the plain or flavor it lightly with fresh ground pepper, brown sugar, or a drizzling of maple syrup.
- 12 to 16 ounces thick-sliced bacon, separated into strips
- Heat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet (half sheet size is good, or use two smaller pans) with foil or parchment paper. Place a cooling rack in the pan and arrange the bacon on the rack. If you don't have a rack to fit the pan, arrange the bacon on the foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 26 to 30 minutes, until the bacon is nicely browned. Thin strips of bacon will take less time. When you start to smell the bacon, start watching.
- Transfer the bacon strips to a paper towel-lined pan to drain.
You Might Also Like