These great-tasting Buffalo-style chicken wings are easy to prepare with a simple brine and a quick and easy 4 ingredient sauce. Serve these wings with the traditional blue cheese dip or a blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, or your favorite dip. If you want to dial up the heat, add more Tabasco, or go with only the hot sauce if you prefer them a little milder.
Be sure to allow 2 hours for chilling the wings with the brine.
These chicken wings are great for a game day snack, a family get-together, party, or just about any special event or holiday.
- cold water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce or similar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Wash the chicken and cut off wing tips with kitchen shears. Cut the wings at the joint and put in a bowl. Cover with cold water, 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of salt. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Heat oven to 425°.
Turn wings over and bake for 20 minutes longer.
4. Meanwhile, heat the butter, hot sauce, Tabasco, 2 tablespoons white vinegar, and garlic powder in a small saucepan until butter is melted and the mixture is hot.
5. In a bowl, toss the hot baked wings with the butter and hot sauce mixture. Arrange on a platter with dip and celery sticks, if desired.