In this recipe, a head of cabbage is cut into wedges, cooked, then baked with tomatoes and seasonings.
- 1 large head cabbage
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/8 cup water or chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C/Gas Mark 3).
- Quarter the cabbage and boil it in a large kettle or Dutch oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove cabbage sections; place in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl; pour over cabbage.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Turn cabbage pieces about halfway through cooking time so wedges cook evenly.
You Might Also Like