Garlic and smoked paprika help make the coating on this baked chicken flavorful. Serve this delicious chicken with potatoes and corn, along with biscuits, for a fabulous family dinner.
- 1 chicken, 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 pounds, quartered, or chicken parts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Line a roasting pan or jelly roll pan with foil.
2. Wash chicken parts and pat dry. Arrange chicken, skin side up, on the baking pan; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Combine remaining ingredients; rub the paste over the chicken pieces. Roast, uncovered, for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer register 165° when inserted into the thickest part of a thigh.
Juices will run clear when the chicken is pierced with a fork. Remove the chicken to a serving platter; cover loosely with foil and let stand for 8 to 10 minutes before serving.
You Might Also Like