This is an easy and great tasting recipe made with chicken breasts, zucchini, and tomatoes, along with cheese and other ingredients. Use mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, or a combination. Fontina cheese would be very good as well.
Serve this chicken dish with pasta or rice and a simple tossed salad for a satisfying family meal.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced, optional
- 1/3 cup dry sherry (can use white wine or chicken broth)
- 1 (14 to 15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, or use about 2 cups fresh diced
- kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese, or a combination
- Heat the oven to 325 F (165 C/Gas 3).
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- in a heavy oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil; add chicken pieces to hot oil and brown, turning to brown both sides. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add the zucchini and mushrooms to the pan and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, if using, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer.
- Add chicken pieces back into skillet. Pour sherry over all; cook another 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper; top with tomatoes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for about 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheddar) just a few minutes before done.
- Serve this tasty chicken with a salad and hot cooked pasta.
- "This recipe is fabulous, easy to make, and a one-pot dinner. What more could you want? I made it with the sherry, fresh tomatoes from my garden, and a combo of cheddar and Monterey jack cheese (I was out of mozzarella cheese) and it turned out terrific. This will become a regular in my dinner repertoire." Jan
You Might Also Like