A seasoned white sauce and eggs make up this tasty homemade corn casserole. I like to add a little onion powder to the seasoning in this recipe.
Use fresh or frozen cooked corn or use drained corn from a can. Sauteed onions and green bell peppers would make an excellent addition to this casserole. Top it with some shredded cheddar cheese shortly before it's done if you'd like.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups corn (drained if using canned)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- Melt butter over low heat; add flour and mix well. Add milk gradually.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to the boiling point.
- Add corn, sugar, salt, and pepper; heat through.
- Remove from heat and add the beaten eggs; pour into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes, or until firm.
- Easy Jiffy Mix Cheddar Version Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and heat the oven to 350 F. IN a bowl, beat 2 large eggs; stir in 1 can (12 to 15 ounces) of cream-style corn, 1 can (12 ounces) kernel corn to blend thoroughly. Stir in 1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix,1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/3 cup of melted butter, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the casserole is set and browned.
You Might Also Like