These delicious nachos are loaded with toppings and flavor! The tortilla chips are topped with a mixture taco-seasoned ground beef and refried beans along with cheddar cheese and chopped peppers and onions.
Add jalapeno rings or diced fresh jalapenos to the nachos to spice them up, and serve them with an optional garnish of sour cream and sliced green onions.
- 1 package of ground beef (the amount is up to you)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning, about 1 ounce
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
- 1 bag of plain tortilla chips
Heat oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4).
Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook the ground beef, stirring and breaking up until it is no longer pink. Add the refried beans, tomato sauce, chopped bell pepper and onion, and the taco seasoning mix to the pot and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
While the beef mixture is simmering, arrange the tortilla chips in a shallow casserole dish.
Spoon the hot mixture over the chips; sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and browned.
Shared by Krista
Tips and Variations
- Use shredded pepper jack cheese, cheddar jack, or a Mexican blend instead of plain cheddar cheese.
- Use 1 cup of Pace Picante sauce in place of the tomato sauce.
- Top the nachos with pickled nacho style jalapeno rings.
- Replace the ground beef with shaved steak, pulled pork, or bulk sausage.
You Might Also Like