This crumb topped halibut is a fast and simple way to prepare the mild, delicious fish. The tasty, buttery crumb topping gives the halibut nice flavor and texture, and it bakes in just minutes.
This halibut makes a fabulous meal for a rice dish or roasted potatoes, along with a salad or steamed broccoli.
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut fillets
- 3 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Lemon wedges or slices for serving
- Heat the oven to 450 F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with nonstick foil.
- Cut the halibut to make 4 6-ounce servings. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet, skin side down.
- Tear the bread into pieces and put in the food processor. Pulse until the breadcrumbs are fine.
- In a bowl, combine the crumbs with the Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and onion powders, salt, pepper, and melted butter. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the buttery seasoned bread crumbs on the halibut pieces; pat down to help the crumbs adhere to the tops of the fish fillets.
- Bake the halibut for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish registers 145 F on an instant read thermometer.
- Serve the halibut with fresh lemon wedges or slices.
You Might Also Like