The bourbon mustard glaze adds unexpected flavor to this baked ham. This ham is baked with a flavorful bourbon and mustard glaze.
The bourbon and mustard glaze recipe takes just minutes to prepare. The ham is basted with the glaze throughout the baking time.
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup good quality Kentucky bourbon
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ham half about 6 to 8 pounds -- fully cooked
- Combine the honey and molasses; heat in the microwave or in a pan on the stove top. Stir in bourbon, orange juice, and mustard.
- Remove all but about 1/4-inch of fat from the ham, then place in a roasting pan. Bake at 325 for about 1 1/2 hours, or until a meat thermometer reaches 140 degrees (About 10 minutes per pound). Baste the ham occasionally with the honey-bourbon mixture.
- Transfer drippings to a saucepan and add remaining honey mixture; bring to a boil. Slice ham and serve with the glaze.