These amazing sliced potatoes are baked with butter, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. I used red-skinned potatoes in the recipe because that is what I had on hand, but Russet potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes would be excellent.
The crusty top is full of flavor, and the casserole is super easy to prepare and bake. Feel free to use thinly sliced green onions instead of minced onions, or leave the onions out. For some smoky flavor, add about 1/4 cup of minced ham or crumbled bacon.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 large clove of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good quality grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Heat the oven to 375 F.
Put the sliced potatoes in a bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the melted butter, onion, if using, parsley, garlic powder or pressed garlic, kosher salt, pepper, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Toss to blend the ingredients and coat the potatoes thoroughly.
Brush the remaining tablespoon of butter over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
Arrange the sliced potatoes in the pie plate and then sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese evenly over the potatoes.
Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the potatoes are tender. After about 45 minutes, check for over-browning. Tent with a sheet of foil if necessary.
You Might Also Like