This baked macaroni and cheese is easy to make with cheddar cheese and eggs, along with milk and butter. There's no separate sauce to make for this version. Eggs and milk are whisked and then combined with the cooked macaroni and shredded cheese. The casserole takes about 30 minutes to bake and serves 4 to 6 people.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 8 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- paprika, for the top
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4). Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Cook macaroni in boiling salted water, following package directions. Drain well and return the pasta to the pot. Add butter and stir until melted. Add 2 cups of the shredded cheese.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with the milk. Add the milk mixture to the macaroni. Stir until well combined.
4. Spoon into the greased pan.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top. Sprinkle with paprika.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and browned and casserole is cooked through.
Tips and Variations
- Macaroni and Cheese Casserole With Bacon - Crumble 4 to 6 strips of cooked bacon and add to the macaroni and cheese mixture. Spoon into the baking dish and proceed with the recipe.
- Macaroni and Cheese Casserole With Ham - Add 1 to 2 cups of diced cooked ham to the macaroni and cheese mixture. Spoon into the prepared baking dish and proceed with the recipe.
You Might Also Like