These delicious baked pork chops will be a family favorite, with ease of preparation and a flavorful homemade sauce. The pork chops are baked with sliced mushrooms and a flavorful homemade sauce.
Add mashed potatoes or rice and your favorite vegetables for a tasty, satisfying meal.
I used center cut loin pork chops in the recipe, but feel free to use rib chops or meaty country style ribs.
Related Recipe: Pork Chops With Creamy Dijon Mustard and Bacon Sauce
- 4 to 6 center cut loin pork chops
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the flour, the paprika, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper; Stir to blend well. Dredge the chops lightly to coat all sides.
- In a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter; add the mushrooms and cook until tender and golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and brown the pork chops for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the pork chops to a baking dish, top with the mushrooms, and set aside.
- Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter to the pan and add the onion and celery. Cook, stirring, until onion is translucent.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of flour to the skillet; stir to thoroughly blend into the onion mixture. Cook the roux mixture for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and milk and cook, stirring, until thickened. Stir in the mushrooms and add salt and pepper, as needed, to taste. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chops in the baking dish.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the pork chops are tender.
Serves 4 to 6.