This simple baked salmon recipe gets extra flavor with fresh garlic and parsley, along with a little lemon juice. It's an easy 30-minute recipe your family will love.
Serve this delicious baked salmon with rice or baked potatoes and a green vegetable. I love kale or spinach with the dish or serve it with a Caesar salad and baked potatoes.
- 4 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 salmon fillets, about 4 to 6 ounces each
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan or line with nonstick foil.
- Combine the minced garlic, parsley, and olive oil in a small bowl and blend well.
- Arrange the salmon in the prepared baking pan and spread the garlic mixture evenly over the salmon fillets. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon for about 20 minutes, or until the fillets flake easily with a fork.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Tips and Variations
- Salmon With Garlic and Herbs - Add 2 teaspoons of minced fresh thyme and 1 teaspoon of minced fresh rosemary to the parsley and garlic mixture.
- The fish is done when you can lift flakes with a fork the fish is opaque. If you use an instant-read food thermometer, the US Food and Drug Administration recommends an internal temperature of 145 F.