These baked salmon fillets are glazed with a tasty combination of honey, lime juice, and orange juice. The salmon is prepared and baked in 20 minutes or less.
See the reader comments for more ideas and substitutions.
- 4 salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each, skin on
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Sea or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan
- Heat oven to 400 F (200 C/Gas 6).
- Place the salmon fillets, skin-side down, in the prepared baking pan.
- Combine the honey, lime juice, and orange juice; stir until well blended.
- Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper then spoon the honey and juice mixture over the fillets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Tips and Variations
- Run your finger over the salmon fillet before cooking to make sure there are no pin bones.
- Replace the lime juice with lemon juice.
"This has to be one of the simplest and BEST recipes I've tried. This dish will be something that I will make over and over and over again!! Thank you!!" R.W.
"I changed this up a bit. I used lemon juice instead of lime and added some butter to the glaze. It tasted absolutely fantastic and had just enough sweetness to complement the salmon. I definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone." S.N.
"I decided to make this tonight for my fiancee, and what a great choice it was! We loved it, it was so delicious. The salmon tasted sweet, yet not too overwhelming. The orange juice and lime added the perfect flavor. I made this with baked potato and green beans. I will definitely make this again and recommend to everyone! I did have to bake the salmon for about 10 minutes longer so it was fully cooked. Other than that, it was great!" D78
"I added a splash of tequila to this and let the filets sit in the glaze for about 1/2 hour in the refrigerator while I prepped my side dishes. Wonderfully flavorful. Hubby loved it more than any other salmon dish he has ever had. Served with herbed polenta and sugar snap peas (steamed)." Concierge