Spaghetti pizza is one of those quick and easy dinner recipes you can make just from what you have in the pantry.
The toppings for spaghetti pizza are only limited to your imagination. Black olives, mushrooms, pepperoni, green peppers and red onions are just a few of the things that can dress up this spaghetti pizza recipe.
This spaghetti pizza recipe also freezes well, so if you're a good planner, you can make it in advance.
Serve with fresh green beans with orange zest and garlic bread.
- 1 pound dried spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 2 28 ounce jars garden vegetable spaghetti sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, garlic powder, parsley)
- 2 cups smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup vegetarian pepperoni slices (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, shortening the cooking time by 2 minutes (the spaghetti will finish cooking in the oven).
- In a very large bowl, beat the spaghetti sauce, egg, milk and Italian seasonings until well-combined.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and stir to coat well.
- Pour spaghetti mixture into prepared pan.
- Top with shredded mozzarella, and pepperoni and black olives, if using.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting.