Here's a spicy, tasty tilapia recipe. This is such an easy dish to prepare and thin tilapia fillets bake quickly. Serve this tilapia with rice or baked potatoes and vegetables or a tossed salad.
If you don't have a prepared Cajun seasoning, make it from scratch. Try this unsalted Cajun or Creole seasoning recipe and add salt to the crumbs, to taste. Or use this Cajun seasoning blend with salt.
Related Recipe: Baked Tilapia With Roasted Red Pepper Mayonnaise
- 4 to 6 tilapia fillets
- 1 cup soft fresh bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Pinch dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Lightly oil a large shallow baking dish.
- Arrange fish fillets on the prepared baking pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter with the bread crumbs and seasonings. Sprinkle the crumbs over the tilapia fillets.
- Bake the fish fillets for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked through. Fish will be opaque and will flake easily with a fork when done.
- Carefully remove the fillets to plates with a spatula.
- For soft fresh bread crumbs, process stale or day-old bread in the food processor and freeze the crumbs in zip-close freezer bags. You'll have bread crumbs any time you need them.
- For fine dry crumbs, toast day-old or stale bread in the oven — about 12 to 14 minutes at 325 F — until dried, then process. See How to Make Easy Toasted Bread Crumbs for seasoning ideas.
- This recipe can be prepared with other types of fish. Try it with haddock, cod, or pollock. For thicker fillets, allow a few extra minutes in the oven.
You Might Also Like