This easy panko-crusted tilapia is nicely seasoned with a light mayonnaise and Dijon mustard coating and some basic spices and herbs. The tilapia is baked to crispy perfection in just 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve this tasty baked tilapia with roasted or baked potatoes and a salad or steamed vegetables.
- 4 tilapia fillets, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey Dijon mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or about 3/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt blend
- Heat oven to 400F (200C/Gas 6).
- Lightly grease a large shallow baking pan, such as a jelly roll pan, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard; rub the mixture over the tilapia fillets.
- In a food processor, combine the panko and fine bread crumbs, paprika, parsley, pepper, onion powder, and salt. Pulse 4 to 6 times to combine.
- Pour bread crumbs mixture into a wide, shallow bowl. Dip the coated fillets in the mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Arrange the coated fillets in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the fish fillets for 15 to 18 minutes, or until fish is cooked through. The time depends on the thickness of the fillets. Fish will flake easily with a fork when done.
- Carefully remove the fillets to plates with a spatula.
You Might Also Like